Saturday, November 1, 2008

Immersed in Creative Spirit

What a busy week! So busy I haven't found time to share my happenings here so let me start in rewind. Yesterday I had a creative afternoon at the studio. I am working on two new pieces for the Art Teachers show at the Kittery Art Association which will be Nov. 6th through Dec. 7th, the opening reception will be Nov. 9th from 4-6pm. The image to the left is one of the pieces that is still in progress. Friday morning I was at Highland Farm Preschool to teach an art class. The kids were dressed up for Halloween in their cute costumes. We made a mummy art project together.

On top of teaching my regular schedule at the studio this week I was creating the new web site for Creative Spirit Art Studio I am thrilled with what I accomplished. This has been a goal of mine for almost a year. I have been wanting to get a web site up and running and tried once before but I wasn't happy with the results. Like I have said before I am not very good with technology, but I am getting better and feel proud of my new skill!

This past Tuesday was the first Creative Ladies Night Out that I held at the studio. It was such a wonderful evening. We spent some time getting to know a bit about each other, sharing some stories, and working on our individual creative endeavors. There were five of us Christie, Meredith, Michelle, Jill, and me. We talked a bit about Artist Trading Cards, a project that I would like everyone who will be joining us for the November night out to participate in. If you are looking for some examples or more information about artist trading cards click on the link above or on the photo to the left.

Last weekend I received confirmation from the Art Nest that I will be attending their winter retreat. I am so excited to be able to participate in this experience and learn some new art techniques from the artist who will be teaching the workshops.

So even though I was exhausted by the end of this past busy week, falling asleep on the couch last night while trying to watch a movie, I am still filled with the creative spirit and dreams are constantly becoming a reality for me. Lucky me!
XOXO, Caryn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caryn~ I too had a great time last Tuesday. It's just want I needed.
I'm so proud of you with everything that you have been working on.
See you soon.
Love Ya,
Jill

Anonymous said...

If anyone would like to see more artwork by Maria Adams, they are very welcome to visit our website.

If anyone would like to know more about artist trading cards and their history, or how to make artist trading cards, they may also be interested in a couple of articles that I've written.