Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spreading my wings and taking flight

Well I did it I have spread my wings and am taking flight into the realm of blogging. For all you who know me well and know my lack of knowledge in technology you are probably surprised to find me here, but I am expanding my horizons in hopes to expand my artistic community and share my creative path.

I have to pay tribute to a fellow artist, Kelly Rae Roberts, who I discovered quite by accident or maybe not. I have been following her inspiring story on her blog for the past year. She is an inspirational woman. She is following her dreams and creating beautiful artwork that I believe most woman could find connection with. I had the pleasure of meeting her this past weekend at the Squam Art Fair and I am hoping that our paths will cross again. If you would like to learn more about her you should go her website www.kellyraeroberts.com and take a peek at what she is doing.

It has been a little over a year since I opened Creative Spirit Art Studio in Dover, NH. The picture that I posted is from the grand opening last year is me with my supportive friends (left to right Denise, Me, Megan, and Priscilla.) and I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity of using the space to teach art classes and create my artwork. I have recently moved the location of Creative Spirit Art Studio to The One Washington Center, Suite 201 in downtown Dover, NH. It was alot of work to move and get the space ready, but I have to say I love, love, love my new space. Classes are in full swing and I continue to get calls or emails inquiring about classes. It is such a pleasure sharing my creative knowledge. I have met great friends and feel so appreciated. What a gift.

In regards to my own artwork, I have been busy working on a show that will be opening in early October at the gallery space in the One Washington Center. The opening will be Fri evening on October 2nd. I hope that you can save the date and come. I also am busy on getting a website up and running and I hope to soon be selling my original art and prints on the online shop www.etsy.com please continue checking my postings for more details.

Thanks you to all my family, friends, and students who provide the love and support that is the roots to my artistic journey.

Love you, Caryn

No comments: