Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Your Work

For me inspiration can come from all places. The other day I was at Chilpote, one of the few fast food chains that I'll eat at because they cater to vegetarians and they are conscious about the quality of what they make. I was totally diggin the design of their bag. I don't really know if the people who work there really feel that it's a dream job, but I know that's how I feel about being an artist. This morning I was out for a quick ski before work and out of the corner of my eye I thought I spotted a robin. I was amazed and excited, as I turned the corner their she was sitting on my roof getting some sips of water from the ice that was melting. I don't think that I have ever seen a robin so early in the year in New England. Maybe we will have an early spring, but right now it sure feels like we are still in the dead of winter. My first task of the day was to capture my memory of this, so I quickly got to work on a pencil sketch that I then went over with my fluid acrylics. Notice the bird book, I would love to say that I have a photographic memory. The truth is I use photo refrences to help me when I draw. I'll use this bird in one of my mixed media paintings that I am creating for a new series of petite color palettes.

Abby had to come hang out with me as I was stamping out some words and phrases. It doesn't get much better than this. I love was I do, all in all it's a dream job!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LIVE TO LOVE, LOVE TO LIVE. (I THINK ABBY IS HOPING THAT ROBIN WILL FLY TO LIFE IN FRONT OF HER EYES!)

LOVE TO CATCH YOUR BLOGS, CARE. THEY MAKE MY DAY.

BIG HUGS,
LISA