Monday, February 14, 2011

Feel the Love PEEPS

Feelin the love here in my heart and my home. I think love should be celebrated everyday. Today I'm creating a little alter on my table. My sweetheart is half way around the world, still finding a journey of adventure in New Zealand. I'm sending him love across the miles. I want to make it a special day for my sweetie, Katie. She is the biggest love of my life! Right now she is a little anti Valentine's day because she thinks it is all about boys, it's pretty hard to covince a 14 year old there is more to it than having a crush. So I am hoping these little surprises will cheer her when she gets home from school..
These marshmallow hearts by Peeps make a cup of hot cocoa full of loving goodness.

This past weekend I found this little forest greeter made by Janae Easton at Three Graces in Portsmouth. She uses a Gocco printer to make them.

For a healthy snack try cutting water melon int heart shapes. I was searching my house for a heart cookie cutter and when I had no luck finding one I just cut them with a knife, pretty easy. I'm not much for buying hallmark cards and heart shaped boxes of chocolates, for me the most special touches are one you create to make you own unique valentines.
Wishes of love to all you peeps,
Caryn XOXO

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME CARE! ONCE I MADE "HEART BEET SOUP" ON VALENTINE'S DAY BY HAND CARVING THE BEETS INTO HEARTS! CREATIVE SPIRITS THINK ALIKE!
LOVE YOU,
LISE

Lucy said...

What a lovely selection of yummy hearts. I made Vanilla Valentines