Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Collage Discovery Workshop with Claudine Hellmuth

I feel so fortunate to be living a creative life and carving out a niche in this world that allows me to make a living with my artwork and creative ideas. It is not always easy balancing my time between making art, finding ways to sell it, planning and teaching art classes/ workshops, and taking care of the business end of things. There are many days that I wish I had a clone to help me. What I do feel everyday is that I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is the best to be living out my dreams. A few weeks back, I treated my self to a workshop with Claudine Hellmuth. I was a bit nervous about spending the money as I am still in the start up years of my creative business, but it was so worth it. Claudine is a living inspiration. She has her own studio line of paints, mediums, and other great art materials with Ranger. She is always creating new projects to share on her blog, online classes, and workshops throughout the country. She has (I think) three of her own books in which you can see her passion to create and share what she discovers (she has also contributed to many other books and magazines.) As a teacher she was fun, knowledgeable, and very approachable. I was thrilled to learn a few new mixed medium techniques and really appreciated her taking the time to answer a few questions about the business end of the creative life. Thank you Claudine for living your dream and letting the world know that it is no longer just a playing field for men out in the artworld. With hard work and determination the artistic women can achieve greatness and recognition too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its always refreshing and recharging to take a break and take a class!

paperbird said...

Looks like it was a fun class- she is very talented. I won some of her paints at Art Unraveled- the colors are so pretty and the little jars they come in are amazing!