Sunday, January 18, 2009

Capturing A Snowy Day With My New Camera

What a perfect snowy day to settle in at home and enjoy the freedom of not having to rush around town. Yesterday I picked up my new Nikon D40 camera. I am so happy to have made this purchase. I have been struggling with my old Canon which was on its last legs since this past November. Here are some of the photos that I took today with the D40.

It was so beautiful outside. Brian, Buddy and I went for a snowshoe on our land through the field, into the woods, and down to the river. Here is a shot of our front yard after we returned.
Then we got cozy inside. Buddy was sleepy from our outdoor exercise.


Abby was sitting by my side while I read the camera guide. Brian scooped her up in the football hold and she looked like she was about to burst with all her excess pounds. I love her and her rolly polliness.

















Miss Tessa spent most of the day in her kitty perch sleeping. She woke up for a few moments and I got this great shot.



















I also squeezed in a little time to do some sketching. I'm trying to work on some female faces that maybe I'll use next month at the Art Nest Winter Retreat. I am getting so excited I can't wait to attend my first art retreat, learn some new techniques while getting to making art with other creative and talented ladies.
I am looking forward to Kate coming home tomorrow. I missed her tonight. We have been getting in the habit of having a nice Sunday dinner together. Tonight I made vegan stuffed shells and roasted veggies. So yummy! Well at least it is a long weekend and I'll have some time tomorrow with her. Maybe I will get her to come to the studio with me for a while. I have been meaning to do some rearranging and reorganizing in the studio. When I am done I'll have to take some new photos to add to my website. I love my new camera!










2 comments:

Martha Lever said...

WOW--new camera!!! Loved seeing your pictures. Your portrait sketch is great.
Thanks for stopping by for a blog visit today!

TimeFlysSew by: C.Marie said...

I discovered your blog too, thank you for the comment. Your sketches are great! You will love your upcoming art retreat. It was the best thing I ever did for myself.
I attend one a year.
You've got a great blog too.
C.Marie