Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Indulge Yourself



Although I should be rushing out this morning to finish getting my studio organized for start of my weekly classes(which begin today), I just made myself a second cup of tea. Now I'm giving myself the gift of a few minutes longer to indulge myself with taking the time to reflect and record the highlights of the past week. I just returned home from our last summer getaway. We headed up to the Belgrade Lakes in Maine with three other families to share a great vacation home, the company of close friends, fantastic food, glorious weather, time to reflect on the ups and downs of life, and outdoor fun. I organized a heartfelt project for the Moms and daughters, ages 6 and up, these are the beautiful little paintings they made perched on the deck railing overlooking our waterfront retreat. I have much more to say about this wonderful art experience, but will save that for another post. I need to keep this short because look what awaits me at the studio. I have one new bright green wall, a new back splash for my make shift sink area, with one of my favorite quotes from Picasso "Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life", artwork to hang, and materials to organize. Amidst all of this clutter I actually started a new series of 5"x5" chunky wall canvases. When I was painting the walls I was inspired by the new colors and had to pull out some canvases. I get side tracked really easy, but it usually leads to good things. I am looking forward to getting things back in there place, returning to my schedule of creating art in my mornings, teaching in my afternoons, and sharing the cool crisp fall evenings with my family. These are the indulgences that make life so meaningful. What will you do to indulge yourself, go ahead you deserve it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO GLAD I POPPED IN...
EVEN IF I SHOULD BE OUT WALKING...
NOW OFF I GO.. thanks ..
computer off ..for awhile:0)

have a wonderful weekend
mona & the girls

paperbird said...

Love your painted wall- that is one of my favorite quotes. I indulged by having blueberry bread pudding with whipped cream- oh my was it good!