Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meeting Deadlines

I would like to be one of those people who are two steps ahead of the game with projects done way before deadlines, but I have come to accept that I'm not and it's o.k. I love the freedom that working for myself allows. I do not live by a schedule (except for my weekly classes), I manage to keep track of dates and appointments in my head. Names are a whole other story. This week I was working on meeting a deadline for the Cloth, Paper, Scissors Studios Magazine. It's been a goal of mine to start submitting to some publications and it feels super good to have this project completed. It took me three full days of running around, asking for help about converting photo files, moving in my new tables and painting them, and a whole lot of organizing to get the studio ready for the photo shoot. It feels great having the space clutter free, I have the hardest time with my desk and piling papers on it. I am going to really make an effort to keep like this. The paintings that I have been working on for the February show at Lucy's Art Emporium were put on hold and I'm looking forward to spending the next few days finishing them. Here is one of my new favorite embellishments to the studio, it is an Umbra photo holder that can be hung on the wall and it's also magnetic. It's perfect next to my easel to hold bits of ephemera for pieces that are in progress.
Here are my new tables that Brian made and we painted a bold turquoise. They are such a great centerpiece to my studio and are super sturdy compared to my old tables. I just loved the kids reaction when they entered the studio and saw that the new tables were there. There few extra inches we added to the dimesion which really gives alot of extra workspace. Opening my studio to children and sharing my love of art with kids is a real gift. Every day I wake up and get to create a life I love!




No comments: